It’s party season but don’t get too carried away, there’s still a few things you need to do before it’s time to leave for Christmas.
You might be thinking “what should I do with my room before I leave for Christmas?”, so we’ve taken the liberty of creating a list of things to check before you leave.
First things first, prepare your room for the break:
- Turn off your heating
- Unplug all electrical items
- Ensure all taps and showers are fully turned off
- Make sure all ovens and hobs are turned off
- Remove and dispose of all perishable goods from the fridge and cupboards
- Remove or lock away all valuable possessions
- Close your curtains
- Turn off all lights
- Shut and lock all doors and windows.
- Double check there are no fire hazards
Time to relax
Tidy your room early and you’ll be able to focus on finishing your coursework before Christmas, meaning more time to PARTY! Plus, is there anything better than coming back to a tidy room in January with less work to do? We think not.
Don’t forget to have fun though! Christmas time is all about getting together and enjoying yourself. It’s still not too late to do a last minute Secret Santa, cook a Christmas meal together or have one last Christmas party before everyone goes home.
We've got lots planned in our residences around Ireland so be sure to keep your eyes peeled and if there’s anything you need over the Christmas period, please contact us.
Keep up to date with our blog over Christmas for last minute Secret Santa Gifts and Christmas recipes on a budget.